Dividing Your Property During Divorce
Fairly dividing marital assets and debts is an important part of nearly every divorce. Let me, attorney Wilson C. Pasley, guide you through the process in a way that protects your financial interests. From my Roanoke office, I am available to assist you with a wide range of property and debt division concerns, including the division of:
- Houses, vacation homes and rental property
- Cars, boats and other vehicles
- Retirement accounts, pension plans and military benefits
- Bank accounts and stocks
- Small businesses and professional practices
- Mortgages, credit card bills, student loans and other debts
How My Wide Range Of Experience Benefits You
My decade of legal experience in a wide range of practice areas means that I am well-equipped to handle cases that overlap more than one area of law. If you choose a Virginia lawyer who handles only family law, he or she can help you with your property division concerns, but he or she won’t be able to address other related issues. I can.
Here are a few examples of situations where you can benefit from my comprehensive services:
- You and your spouse are in business together, but after the divorce, you decide to dissolve the company. I can handle both the divorce and the business dissolution for you.
- After the divorce, you need to change your will and power of attorney documents. I can help you with both the family law side and estate planning side.
- Going from two incomes down to one places a serious financial strain on your budget, and you can’t get out of debt. I can assist with the divorce and advise you about bankruptcy options.